Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Google and mobile phones

Some time in summer this year Vint Cerf came to bangalore and addressed the public.

People distributed small white cards to the audience who wanted to ask any questions to Vinton. I too wrote my question. In the end when Vinton finished his presentation and started to listen to the first question from the audience being read out by his assistant...I started asking the same question in way that made the assitant's voice my echo, loud enough so that some of my neighbours could hear it....but not louder, and with a big smile on my face.
"The world is flat today because of the internet(read as Vinton). But still in a country like india, there is a huge digital divide...what can we do?"

Vint said something to the effect of "Mobiles can reach more people than computers".

No comments: